Sunday, October 3, 2021

How Many Crochet Stitches Are There?

To be honest, when I learned to crochet as a teenager, all I knew was single crochet, double crochet and treble crochet ! Then after 2-3 years, thanks to my pen pal from Canada, learned to do doilies,  a rectangle pattern with parts of birds, leaves, done separately and stitched on it. Also made a clown for my kids, it was in early 1980s, didn't know about polyfil then, stuffed with cotton the clown and poor clown lost shape once I washed it !

In later 1970s, learnt about some more stitches, to make flowers and leaves from a book that I bought during my first trip to USA ! I was basically crocheting baby sweaters then. Later learned to do booties, caps and so on. It was only in 2012, after our 1st grandson was born, I learned to do amigurumi, thanks to our daughter-in-law, who showed me sites and got me all the stuff to do it. From then on learned more stitches, got literally hooked on to amigurumi, have made most of the animals for my grandsons. Grand-daughter was unlucky as when she was a baby, didn't know about amigurumi, to compensate, now made graduation bear, whatever animals she wanted me to make now when she had come. Of course, got few more things to do for her, as she is planning to be vet !

Our elder grandson, likes to really use my brain, made me to a Lord Krishna, Balram, Dhurvasa rishi, then Lord Vishnu with 4 hands, African wild dog, all these made by looking at the photos !

I'm really amazed by seeing the beautiful creations of so many talented people in the sites, my life is too short to learn all that, though the mind says keep trying. What I loved most for myself is making many bags in different colours with pouch outside to put the cellphone, water bottle and so on. Gifted quite a few bags, scarves to our friends and relatives. It is such a joy when people appreciate your effort.

Now, when I tell the list of the stitches we've to learn, you'll be amazed, I'll give you the link for you all to go through.  There are 155 stitches mentioned here, good luck to all, Happy crocheting.

https://www.allfreecrochet.com/Basics/How-Many-Crochet-Stitches-Are-There

For my other blogs, I'm giving the links below, feel free to view and comment too.

https://cancersupportindia.blogspot.com. for all cancer and health related topics
https://gseasyrecipes.blogspot.com. feel free to view for easy, simple and healthy recipes
https://kneereplacement-stickclub.blogspot.com. for info on knee replacement

 

No comments:

Post a Comment