Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Arthritic glove ! in 2 hours


As I get acute pain at night, when my hands are outside my sheet/ rug, I used to wear gloves & sleep, then I found them cumbersome, as when I get up at night to go to washroom, then remove the gloves, try to wear it again was a problem, as sleep gets disturbed. But with this glove, it isn't a problem, as I've to just slip it on, as I can wear it on any hand ! as there aren't gaps for fingers ! it is about 10" long, made with just simple single crochet throughout, which are done on the back loops of each single crochet, as then it stretches. 

design- I made a chain of 55 stitches, then from the 2nd chain made single crochet till the end, 54 sc, from 2 row onwards, sc was worked in back loops only. Made around 38 rows, as this can be adjusted according to one's need, how many rows you want to make. Joined the ends by crochet, keeping the sides overlapped. then in one end, with needle & wool, slipped the wool through all stitches, & pulled it, then stitched well to cover it. This can be easily done in 2 hours.
I'm happy as now I can sleep soundly without pain in my hands at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment